When people think about natural remedies, the first thing that comes to mind is exotic medicinal herbs. Natural remedies for gallstones aren’t that complicated. In fact, most of the remedies that can treat gallbladder stones safely and easily can be found in your kitchen.
Preparing most of these home remedies are just as easy; some even require no preparation at all. But before trying any of these natural remedies for gallstones, or any natural remedies for that matter, make sure to check with your doctor to make sure they’re safe. Compared to drugs, natural remedies are safer but not all natural remedies will work for all kinds of gallstones.
10 Easy Home Remedies
1. Apples. An apple a day does more than keep the doctor away. Eating apples everyday can help soften gallstones, making it easier for the gallbladder to release them. Eating 4 to 5 apples for 5 days can help your body remove small gallstones in less than a week.
2. Olive Oil. After all those apples, it’s also helps to take a shot of olive oil. Olive oil helps lubricate the bile ducts, making it easier to pass gallbladder stones.
3. Epsom Salts. Epsom salts or magnesium sulfate open up the bile ducts, making it easier for gallstones to pass through. Take a teaspoon of Epsom salt with a glass of warm water at night will help you get rid of gallstones in the morning.
4. Lemons, oranges, and other citrus fruits. Clinical studies have shown that people who take lots of vitamin C have fewer and smaller gallstones. Keep your vitamin C levels high by eating at least one citrus fruit a day.
5. Coffee. The caffeine in coffee helps prevent the formation of more gallstones. Drinking 2 to 3 cups of coffee can reduce the risk of developing gallstone by as much as 40%, while 4 cups of coffee per day can reduce the risk up to 45%.
6. High Fiber Cereal. Snacking on high fiber cereal and other fiber rich foods like whole grain bread fills you up without the added sugar. Fiber also helps in the metabolism and elimination of cholesterol, which can contribute to the formation of gallstones. Having at least one high fiber meal a day, preferably breakfast, can help prevent the formation of more gallstones.
7. Legumes. Legumes like lentils, beans, peas and lima beans can help reduce or alleviate gallbladder attacks due to gallstones. Legumes have the advantage over meat as being an excellent source of protein without the added fat or cholesterol.
8. Red Bell Pepper. Red bell peppers have the highest levels of vitamin C compared to other vegetables. One red bell pepper contains as much as 95 milligrams of Vitamin C, 35 milligrams more than what the government recommends for adults. So if you need a jolt of vitamin C and there are no fruits nearby, grab a bell pepper.
9. Vegetables. Eating vegetables everyday helps lower cholesterol levels in the bile and helps your body eliminate excess cholesterol.
10. Wine. Half a glass of wine a day can help your heart and your gallbladder. Drinking half a glass of wine or beer everyday can help reduce gallbladder attacks by as much as 40%.
These natural remedies for gallstones work best with a proper diet, gradual weight loss, and regular exercise. As much as possible, try these remedies while your gallstones are small and few and while the symptoms are still mild. Remember, the only cure for severe gallstones is by removing the gallbladder. Treating small gallstones now will help save your gallbladder in the future.
Yes! I Want Get Rid Of My
Send Me My Free “The 11 Vital Facts That You Need To Know About Gallstones” Email Course Today!
You Will Receive the First Lesson in Your Inbox Immediately.
100% Spam Free! I Value Your Email Privacy.